Wednesday, July 6, 2011

St. Lawrence's Jubilee!

This year our parish celebrated it's jubilee! 125 years as a church community. My wife and I have been members of St. Lawrence Church in Rush Lake, Minnesota for 3 years.
The day was filled with fun, food and fellowship. It began with a mass with Bishop John Kinney and Fr. George Michael as celebrants. A summer style picnic and games followed mass. The whole day was a lot of fun. One of the highlights for me was visiting with Fr. Don Wagner. We were classmates at St. Paul Seminary. He shared with me that next year is his 25th year as a priest. I have chosen marriage as my vocation.
 My wife and I have many duties  in our parish. She is lector and eucharistic minister. I play guitar for the
choir, lector, and soon will  be commissioned as eucharistic minister. What roles do you play in your parish life?                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment